Our criminal practice is devoted to early and comprehensive intervention throughout the entire spectrum of criminal proceedings - from complex federal litigation to state and local criminal prosecutions. We also provide counsel to students in university disciplinary proceedings, and to professors and executives before administrative bodies.
We provide representation in all aspects and at all stages of a criminal proceeding from pre-charging to bail, arraignment, trial, appellate and post-conviction relief in the federal and state courts.
Our clients have included:
- Penn State faculty, administrators, executives
- Penn State and other University students
- Doctors, lawyers, business executives and owners, computer programmers and engineers
- Federal and state prisoners
- Minors and juveniles
Our trial and appellate cases have included:
- White collar crimes
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Marijuana and other drug law violations
- Drug trafficking, propogation and production
- Internet crimes
- Underage drinking, furnishing alcohol to minors, and false identification
We routinely practice in the following courts:
- State criminal courts in Centre County and throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (from the Philadelphia suburbs to Allegheny County)
- Federal district courts in the Eastern, Middle and Western District of Pennsylvania (appeared throughout United States including New York City, Southern Florida, and Washington D.C.)
- State and Federal appellate courts including the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, Commonwealth and Superior Court
Attorney Shubin’s cases have been featured in the New York Times, Philadelphia Inquirer, Harrisburg Patriot News, Allentown Morning Call, The Pittsburgh Post Gazette, Centre Daily Times, The Daily Collegian, Blue (news magazine), and on local and nation television and radio affiliates, including public radio and Court TV.